Home » » Kylie returns as 'Marilyn Minogue' in raunchy new video

Kylie returns as 'Marilyn Minogue' in raunchy new video

Luffy | Wednesday, October 10, 2007 | 0 comments
Pop princess Kylie Minogue has reprised her Marilyn Monroe look in a sexy film clip for her new single 2 Hearts.

The 39-year-old star has burst back onto the music scene wearing a plunging layered black ensemble, lashings of red lipstick and blonde bombshell curly locks reminiscent of the 1950s sex symbol.
Kylie Minogue
Gentlemen prefer blondes: a sneak peek of the new video for Kylie's single 2 Hearts
Kylie Minogue0
Inspiration: Kylie channels 1950s icon Marilyn Monroe in the new film clip

The track, which is the first release since she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, was written and produced by Kish Mauve, a London four-piece electro outfit.

Kylie began recording the album when she was still battling breast cancer.

She said: "I had just taken my scarf off [the headscarf she wore to conceal her hair loss during cancer treatment] and wanted to reassure myself I could still do what I did before."
Kylie Minogue1
Heart to heart: Kylie makes a sexy return to the pop scene

"So the first chance I got, I went into the studio for a week and went nuts."

The singer is also set to mark her pop comeback with a TV special.

The Kylie Show, which will air on ITV1 this autumn, will feature classic hits and tracks from her new album.
Kylie Minogue2
Curly Kylie: the pop princess performs on top of a sparkling black piano in the clip

Rather than a concert-style performance, the singer and her long-time creative director William Baker have devised a "visual experience" to accompany each track.

Kylie said: "My creative team and I are preparing a fabulous evening with a mixture of old songs, new songs and lots of surprises thrown into the mix as well."

Earlier this week she picked up the Idol accolade at the Q Awards for a career spanning three decades and more than 40 million global album sales.
Kylie Minogue3
Read my lips: Kylie said she 'went nuts' in the studio while recording her latest album

Accepting the award, she joked: "I would like to thank those of you who continued to support me - including my dress."

"It's my first day back at work like this so it's very exciting and slightly nerve-wracking," she admitted as she arrived.

Of her Q Idol award, she told the audience: "Just don't ask me what it means, but I'm very grateful and honoured to be receiving this."

Kylie's single 2 Hearts is out on November 12 and her album, X, on November 26.
Kylie Minogue4
She's back! This is Kylie's first release since her breast cancer treatment
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Celebs planet - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger