Home » » From flying broomstick to scooter girl, how Hermione has grown up

From flying broomstick to scooter girl, how Hermione has grown up

Luffy | Tuesday, December 04, 2007 | 0 comments
Somebody's waved their magic wand and transformed Harry Potter's sidekick into a cool Fifties chick.

Emma Watson is seen here looking a world away from the most famous schoolgirl on the planet, Hermione Grainger, the heroine of the films based on JK Rowling's novels.

The 17-year-old actress loved the rockabilly-style wardrobe she wore for the photographs.
Magical: Emma Watson transformed from Harry Potter’s swotty sidekick into a Fifties siren

“I wish I could dress like this every day of my life,” she said.

She tells InStyle magazine of the highs and lows of fame.

“Recently a woman took my arm, looked at me very seriously and said, 'You're quite pretty in real life.' I didn't quite know how to take it.”

Watson, who has earned an estimated £10 million from the five Potter films, says she shuns stylists for red-carpet events.
Sophisticated: “I wish I could dress like this every day of my life,” the young starlet admitted

“Getting someone else to choose things takes the fun out of it,” she said.

When not working she splits her time between her mother's house in Oxford, and her father's in London.

She also has a busy social life.

“For the last three weekends I've been at an 18th birthday party,” she said.

Watson, who is currently juggling A-levels and driving lessons, will appear on BBC1 during the Christmas season in a new TV film, Ballet Shoes.

The teenager says she related to her character, Pauline Fossil, an orphan.

How it began: Emma in the first film in 2001

“She reminds me a lot of when I was younger,” she said. “I was such a drama queen.”

When she got the part she said on her website: “I could not let such an amazing project go. I loved Pauline from the start.”

Set in Thirties London, Ballet Shoes is the story of Pauline and her two sisters, who are adopted by an eccentric explorer, played by Richard Griffiths.

Watson took ballet lessons and dyed her hair whiteblonde for the film, which will be screened on 28 December.

Watson was voted Britain's greatest female role model in a magazine poll earlier this year, ahead of Keira Knightley and Kate Moss.
Emma features in the January edition of In Style magazine, which goes on sale on Thursday

She is due to start filming the sixth Potter film, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince on 18 December.

The January issue of In Style magazine is on sale on Thursday - to see behind the scenes on the photoshoot go to www.instyle.co.uk
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Celebs planet - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger