Home » » topless shots of Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus

topless shots of Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus

Luffy | Wednesday, April 30, 2008 | 0 comments
Photographer Annie Leibovitz has apologised for the topless picture she took of squeaky-clean Disney star Miley Cyrus.

The legendary snapper caused massive controversy with the picture she took for the cover of Vanity Fair magazine, which shows 15-year-old Miley with her back exposed.

But today she insisted the portrait of the star of U.S. TV series Hannah Montana has been "misinterpreted" by its critics.
Controversy: Miley Cyrus has apologised for this provocative photograph, which appears in Vanity Fair. The June issue of Vanity Fair hits newstands on May 1

She said: "I'm sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted. Miley and I looked at fashion photographs together, and we discussed the picture in that context before we shot it.

"The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little make-up, and I think it is very beautiful."

She had been accused of manipulating Miley to get her to pose nude.

The teenager has apologised to fans for the suggestive snaps. She said the pictures, in which she appears to be topless with only a cream silk sheet wrapped around her body, were an "embarrassment".

"I was so honoured and thrilled to work with Annie," said Miley, who is worth around £500million.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed.

"I never intended for this to happen and I apologise to my fans.

"The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots.

"I appreciate all the support of my fans and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect.

"I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

"Most of all I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team.

"My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."

Although the star's parents, country singer Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus, attended the photo shoot, they left before the final shot.

However, Miley's grandmother and teacher were there to see it taken.

A source close to the star said: "Annie convinced them it was going to be artistic. Her parents are mortified. But they know this is a learning moment for Miley.

"Originally she was in a flesh-coloured tank top but was asked to remove it."
Blonde ambition: Miley as Hannah Montana, the main character in the number one kid's sitcom for 6-14-year-olds run on the UK's Disney Channel

The Disney Channel last night attacked the photographs, claiming they had been taken "to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines".

However, Vanity Fair insisted the images are "a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley".

A spokesman added: "Miley's parents and minders were on the set all day.

"When writer Bruce Handy interviewed Miley he asked her about the photo and she was very cheerful about it and thought it was perfectly fine."

Miley has also apologised for a separate set of racy pictures which have been posted on the Internet, one showing her with a bare midriff, draped over the lap of her ex-boyfriend, another revealing a green bra.
Rising star: Miley, who is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, is on track to become a billionaire
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Celebs planet - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger