Home » » Liz McClarnon shows off her new size

Liz McClarnon shows off her new size

Luffy | Thursday, July 03, 2008 | 1comments
As Atomic Kitten's curvy blonde bombshell it seemed that Liz McClarnon wasn't short of confidence.

But her participation in reality show Celebrity Love Island told a different story.

Competitive weigh-ins with fellow stars left the 27-year-old humiliated and self-conscious alongside the rakish frames of fellow islanders Lady Isabella Hervey and Rebecca Loos.
Svelte: Liz McClarnon shows off her new size 8 figure during a holiday in the Med

'I was uncomfortable the whole time and hunched my shoulders to hide my body.' Liz told Now magazine. 'When I got home and saw the pictures, I knew I had to do something.

'It wasn't just my weight that bothered me, but my lack of confidence. I didn't want to be that hunched, shy girl.'
Now and then: Liz on holiday two weeks ago (left), where her hips were noticeably shrunken compared to a beach stroll in 2005 on Celebrity Love Island in Fiji

And do something she did. Liz turned to her hypnotherapist mum in her bid to quit her junk food habit.

Liz said: 'Before I tried hypnotherapy I'd eat four bags of crisps a day and lots of chocolate.

'But soon after my first session my eating habits changed. It was easy to drop the junk food. Within two weeks the weight was falling off'.
Covered up: Liz was less comfortable flaunting her frame in front of co-stars (left to right) Rebecca Loos, Abi Titmuss and Lady Isabella Hervey

The singer, who is preparing for the release of a new single this Christmas, has lost a stone since starting the regime in October, dropping from a dress size 12 to a size 8.

Liz's newly slender frame is set to be gracing our screens sooner than that however, as she'll be taking part in Celebrity Masterchef which kicked off this week.
Pop past: Liz McClarnon with her Atomic Kitten bandmates Natasha Hamilton and Jenny Frost last year

The original line-up for Atomic Kitten included Kerry Katona, but she left the group just weeks before they had their first UK number 1 single.

The group was formed in 1997 but only received success in 2000 with their single Whole Again.

Kerry Katona was replaced by band member Jenny Frost and the group continued to have continuous success including the number one hit Eternal Flame that was originally recorded by Eighty's girl group The Bangles.

The group parted in ways in 2004.
Share this article :

1 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks great in all the pics , what a babe .

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Celebs planet - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger