Home » » Beyonce Knowles posing as her alter-ego Sasha Fierce

Beyonce Knowles posing as her alter-ego Sasha Fierce

Luffy | Wednesday, November 19, 2008 | 0 comments
Meet Sasha Fierce or, as she is more commonly known, diva Beyoncé Knowles.

These sultry shots see the singer transformed into her on-stage alter ego in a series of dramatic outfits, including a gold metal tops and matching cyborg-style glove.

The photographs have been released to promote the American R'n'B star's third studio album I Am... Sasha Fierce.
Alter-ego: Beyonce Knowles posing as her alter-ego Sasha Fierce, who she describes as aggressive, strong and sexually confident

In true diva-style, and in a concerted bid to build upon her iconic status, Beyoncé has now insisted to be known as Sasha Fierce when she performs.

In one image, in which Beyonce is depicted as Sasha Fierce, she shows off her flexibility as she pulls her patent super-high heeled stiletto boots towards her head.

While Beyonce prefers the au naturel look, Sasha Fierce goes for big hair, dramatic clothing and lashing of eyeliner everytime.

In a recent interview with V Magazine, the 27-year-old explained that she has long felt like a totally different person on stage, hence the name change.

She said: 'When I'm onstage I'm aggressive and strong and not afraid of my sexuality. The tone of my voice gets different, and I'm fearless. I'm just a different person.

'It's a way for me to differentiate what I do onstage from who I really am - It's a way for me to not lose myself, to keep my life in perspective, because it's really hard sometimes to stay on earth when you're a celebrity.
Flexible: Beyonce as Sasha Fierce strikes a complicated pose in super-high 'point heels' and her favourite new accessory - a cyborg metallic glove

'There's so much going on, and so many people give you whatever you want and say everything you do is great.'

Beyonce has often discussed her stage persona, previously known as simply just 'Sasha', over the years, but the singer is now bringing her to the fore and making the alter-ego more prominent than ever.

The 17-track double-disco album, which was released in the UK on Monday, has already entered the Japanese International Album Chart at number one following an earlier release date.

It comes as the singer prepares for a huge 110-date world tour starting next year. She is destined to hit London's 02 Arena in May, where she will perform tracks from the album including If I Were A Boy and Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It).

On Sunday she is set to appear at the American Music Awards.
Curvylicious: A gothic looking Beyoncé dressed in a slinky figure-hugging jersey gown to host the cover party for Gotham Magazine in New York on Tuesday night
Other singers set to perform at the 36th annual event includes Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Kanye West, Jonas Brothers, Alicia Keys, and Rihanna.

On Tuesday night, the star hosted Gotham Magazine's annual gala in New York.

The Bootylicious singer donned a black form-fitting Rock & Republic turtleneck gown with her hair pulled back.

Meanwhile the singer has volunteered to unleash her alter ego at the inauguration of President-Elect Barack Obama.

She said: 'I know I'll definitely be there [at the swearing in]. I want to be there to witness it.'

As for performing, she added, 'Of course I'd love to. Who wouldn't?'
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Celebs planet - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger